Friday, April 12, 2013

On Adoption

We’ve been simultaneously trying to adopt and undergo fertility treatments for years.  One thing I don’t think people understand is that adoption is not a second choice or last resort for us.  The spirit of adoption entered our hearts five years ago.  It took two more for us to be ready and we have actively been trying to adopt for the last three years.  We look forward to having relationships that are exclusive to adoption.  We look forward to the beauty that is adoption.  We look forward to the love, peace, and hope that is adoption.  We are honestly honored to be able to adopt!  We know that we will be blessed with a baby.  We know that our time is coming and our family is out there.  For us, it has been necessary to do both things at once.  One thing I’ve learned about myself is that I need to feel control in some aspect of my family building.  Because I can’t control my body or the situation, nor can I control when we will be chosen, I can control what we are doing about the time in between.  Being actively involved in both adoption and treatments has afforded me the peace of mind knowing that I’ve done all I can do.  As we begin our fourth year, we want to make it strictly about adoption.  We are putting our complete faith in the process and know that everything will work out as it is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment